Python Improver Course
The course is for students who have a good understanding of the main Python coding principles and are looking to improve their skills. It is also aimed at students who are interested in Computer Science GCSE. Many of the exercises we do are covered by the Computer Science GCSE curriculum. We start by doing a quick revision and then cover the topics with hands on programming exercises. Students are also assigned fun challenges to complete on their own or in groups.
This course is designed for students who are familiar with Python and are looking to further develop their Python coding skills.
Students who want to prepare themselves for Computer Science GCSE will also benefit from this course.
Programming concepts that will be practiced are:
- Variables – declaration and use
- Data types – int, float and bool
- Strings – creation, formatting and slicing
- Operators – Arithmetic, conditional, comparison, assignment and their order
- Built-in functions and how to use them
- Python modules
- User-defined functions – creation, call and reuse
- Program structure, algorithms and code reuse
- Decision making – if/elif/else statements
- Looping – for and while
- Error types and handling
- Object Oriented Programming