This intensive course is for students who are looking to gain a solid understanding of Python programming principles and work on interesting and fun projects. The course is suitable for beginners as well as those with some prior Python experience who are looking to brush up on their knowledge and take their programming skills to the next level.
Students who want to prepare themselves for Computer Science GCSE will also benefit from this course.
With all the topics, an introduction is provided with slides and live examples. Students are then assigned exercises based on their level.
Hands-on coding with Python:
- Python documentation and help
- Identifiers and Keywords
- Variables – declaration and use
- Data types – int, float and boolean
- Strings – creation, formatting and slicing
- Operators – Arithmetic, conditional, comparison, assignment and their order
- Built-in functions and how to use them
- Working with Python Modules: random and turtle
- Decision making – if/elif/else statements
- Looping – for and while
- Nested Loops
- User-defined functions – creation, call and reuse
- Error types and handling