Who is this course for?
This 5 day structured and intensive course is for students who are looking to gain a good understanding of Python programming principles with fun and interesting applications and projects. The course is suitable for beginners as well as those with some Python experience looking to brush up on their knowledge and take their programming skills to the next level.
With all the topics an introduction is provided with slides and live examples. Students are then assigned exercises based on their level.
Hands-on coding with Python
Students learn the fundamentals of the language with hands-on exercises.
Fundamentals of Python Programming Language
- Python documentation and help
- Identifiers and Keywords
- Variables – declaration and use
- Data types – int, float and bool
- Strings – creation, formatting and slicing
- Operators – Arithmetic, conditional, comparison, assignment and their order
- Built-in functions and how to use them
- Python modules
- User-defined functions – creation, call and reuse
- Program structure, algorithms and code reuse
- Decision making – if/elif/else statements
- Looping – for and while
- Error types and handling
- Animation on screen