All of our programming courses are taught with a hands-on approach, using a range of practical exercises. We teach students to develop iOS apps from scratch, providing them with the knowledge and experiences to build upon afterwards.
We use the Xcode development environment and Apple’s new programming language Swift.
Students are encouraged to bring their own media files to use in their project.
Last but not least, students will learn to run their created iOS app on their own device. This gives them a sense of achievement and an achievement it is!
- What is a computer program?
- Introduction to Swift programming
- What is iOS and OS X? Which devices are they for?
- Tour of the Xcode development environment
- UI design for iPhone and iPad
- App navigation
- Adding image, label and button
- Shake Gesture
- Gesture Recognisers: Tap, Pinch, Swipe, Rotation..
- Testing app on simulator and device