In this course we use the special edition of Minecraft for Raspberry Pi, which also comes with a programming interface. Students will learn how to access Minecraft Pi and create a new world. They will use IDLE, the Python programming environment, to connect to Minecraft Pi, control the player, build blocks and more..
In this course students will learn how to manipulate the Minecraft world around them using Python.
It’s a great way to learn Python coding!
Hands-on coding with Python
Students learn the fundamentals of the language with hands-on exercises.
Fundamentals of Python Programming Language
- Variables – What is a variable – declaration and use
- Data types – int, float, bool and String
- Operators – Arithmetic, conditional, comparison and assignment
- Built-in functions and how to use them
- Python modules
- User-defined functions – creation, call and reuse
- Program structure, algorithms and code reuse
- Decision making – if/elif/else statements
- Looping – for and while
- Animation on screen