Python is a dynamic, general-purpose programming language, officially released in 1991. Python has gained popularity and is well known for its simple usability.
As Python is easy for beginners to learn and use, it is a great programming language to get young people started on learning how to code. It also helps users to build up their essential coding knowledge on classes, user input, looping, functions, and calculations – acting as an efficient stepping stone to other programming languages.
Hands-on coding with Python is taught in various phases:
- Python Coding with Python Turtle
- Python Coding with IDLE IDE
- Python Game Programming
- Python Hardware Programming with BBC micro bit
- Python Coding with Minecraft Pi using Raspberry Pi
- Python documentation and help
- Identifiers and Keywords
- Variables – declaration and use
- Data types – int, float and bool
- Strings – creation, formatting and slicing
- Operators – Arithmetic, conditional, comparison, assignment and their order
- Built-in functions and how to use them
- User-defined functions – creation, call and reuse • Program structure, algorithms and code reuse
- Decision making – if/elif/else statements• Looping – for and while Lists
- Built-in functions – Math and Random
- Lists – Creation, iteration and functions
- Tkinter – Python’s de-facto standard GUI package
Minecraft fans will also get the opportunity to use the special edition of Minecraft for Raspberry Pi, which also comes with a programming interface. Students will learn how to access Minecraft Pi and create a new world. They will use IDLE, the Python programming environment, to connect to Minecraft Pi, control the player, build blocks and more..
It’s a great way to learn Python coding!