This course has been structured with the Computer Science GCSE curriculum in mind.
Students with prior Python programming experience will also benefit as they will be assigned more challenging exercises to work on, which will further develop their programming skills.
Hands-on coding with Python:
- Python documentation and help
- Identifiers and Keywords
- Variables – declaration and use
- Data types – int, float and bool
- Strings and Lists
- Operators – Arithmetic, conditional, comparison, assignment and their order
- Built-in functions and how to use them
- User-defined functions – creation, call and reuse
- Program structure, algorithms and code reuse
- Decision making – if/elif/else statements
- Looping – for and while