This course is for students who have a good understanding of the main Python programming principles and are interested in further developing their Python programming skills. This course is also suitable for students who are interested in Computer Science GCSE and are preparing themselves for the exam. Many of the exercises we do are covered by the Computer Science GCSE curriculum. We start by doing a quick revision and then cover the topics with hands on programming exercises.
All the topics are taught with hands-on exercises and students will be assigned fun challenges based on their interest and ability.
Topics covered are:
- Program structure, algorithms and code reuse
- Python and Maths
- Advanced Program Flow
- Iteration and selection practice
- Break and Continue
- Working with String Functions
- User-defined Functions – creation, call and reuse
- One dimensional and multidimensional list practice
- Error Handling
- Object Oriented Programming
Python is a dynamic, general-purpose programming language, officially released in 1991. Python has gained popularity and is well known for its simple usability.
- Python is a powerful, fast and efficient programming language
- Python is easy to learn
- Python is first choice programming language in education and many enterprises
- Python can be used for programming robots
- Python is used in Machine Learning, Big Data and Cloud Computing
- Python has many powerful Frameworks and can also be used for mobile and web application development and gaming